unofficial mirror of help-guix@gnu.org
From: Julien Lepiller <julien@lepiller.eu>
To: "Dr. Arne Babenhauserheide" <arne_bab@web.de>
Cc: help-guix@gnu.org
Subject: Re: How to create a substitute server with substitutes that failed?
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2020 11:26:43 -0400	[thread overview]

I suppose, but that's going to be a bit of work. I'm not very knowledgeable on this part of guix. I think you'll need to generate a narinfo and a nar for each store item you want to be available. Maybe you can run guix publish locally and mirror the files it serves on your server?

You'll need to publish /<store hash of output>.narifo and the other files it references (the nar archives themselves).

So you'd download them from localhost and send them to your server. Your guix daemon must trust the builder's public key, or the substitute will not be downloaded.