Heya, On Mon Dec 12, 2022 at 10:35 PM GMT, dabbede@gmail.com wrote: > By looking into linux-libre package definition, I see no problem in > downloading and patching the proper kernel source, however I don't > understand how I am supposed to specify in the package definition that > we need an additional source tree in the build process. > What would you suggest? Using snippets or additional build-phases? > Either way, I'm not skilled enough to download a compressed tar and > unpack it in a reachable directory at the build stage. I'm only aware > of the package's "origin" function to accomplish that. What is the > best way to do the same in a snippet or phase? What you need to do is combine ORIGIN with UNGEXP-NATIVE: #~(modify-phases %standard-phases (add-after 'unpack 'unpack-extra-sources (lambda _ (copy-recursively #+(origin ...) "extra-source-directory")))) When the build script implementing the phases is... built, this lambda will look like this: (lambda _ (copy-recursively "/gnu/store/...-extra-sources" "extra-source-directory")) Roughly, the UNGEXP-NATIVE compiles the origin directory for the host architecture, then substitutes itself for a string containing the output path of the compiled store item. -- (