unofficial mirror of help-guix@gnu.org
* Is Guix System moving to GNU/Hurd microkernel, which does not support x86_64 as of now
@ 2020-05-09  3:41 Sanjay Mysore
From: Sanjay Mysore @ 2020-05-09  3:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix

Hello
I had burnt the DVD and was about to install Guix, but accidentally I saw a
post regarding the subject, at Phoronix... Is this true?
If so, then I am sad....32bit systems do not support large RAM

--
With Best Regards
Sanjay. M.R

* Re: Is Guix System moving to GNU/Hurd microkernel, which does not support x86_64 as of now
@ 2020-05-09  4:33 ` Leo Famulari
From: Leo Famulari @ 2020-05-09  4:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sanjay Mysore; +Cc: help-guix

On Sat, May 09, 2020 at 09:11:16AM +0530, Sanjay Mysore wrote:
> I had burnt the DVD and was about to install Guix, but accidentally I saw a
> post regarding the subject, at Phoronix... Is this true?
> If so, then I am sad....32bit systems do not support large RAM

On April 1 2020 we made the blog post "Deprecating support for the Linux
kernel" [0]. The claim that we are abandoning Linux was a joke.

Guix already supports GNU/Hurd, but it is not the default. The Hurd is
progressing but Guix is still focused on GNU/Linux.

[0]
https://guix.gnu.org/blog/2020/deprecating-support-for-the-linux-kernel/

* Re: Is Guix System moving to GNU/Hurd microkernel, which does not support x86_64 as of now
@ 2020-05-09  5:49   ` Sanjay Mysore
From: Sanjay Mysore @ 2020-05-09  5:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Leo Famulari; +Cc: help-guix

Thank you for the clarification.