unofficial mirror of help-guix@gnu.org
* Touchpad not working on Acer Aspire One  laptop
@ 2020-11-10 14:05 Barnabás Béres
From: Barnabás Béres @ 2020-11-10 14:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix

Hi all,

I successfully installed Guix on a Acer Aspire One  laptop but the touchpad not working. Do you have any idea how I can make it work. This model has a SynPS/2 Synaptics TouchPad.

Thanks for your help in advance!

Best regards,
Barnabas Beres

* Re: Touchpad not working on Acer Aspire One  laptop
@ 2020-11-10 19:16 ` Leo Famulari
From: Leo Famulari @ 2020-11-10 19:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Barnabás Béres; +Cc: help-guix

On Tue, Nov 10, 2020 at 03:05:05PM +0100, Barnabás Béres wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I successfully installed Guix on a Acer Aspire One  laptop but the touchpad not working. Do you have any idea how I can make it work. This model has a SynPS/2 Synaptics TouchPad.

Can you share your config.scm? That will help us give advice.

* Re: Touchpad not working on Acer Aspire One  laptop
@ 2020-11-11  7:44 ` Joshua Branson
From: Joshua Branson @ 2020-11-11  7:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Barnabás Béres; +Cc: help-guix

Hey Barnabas!  (awesome name by the way!)

Is your touchpad working at all?  Can you move a mouse with your
touchpad?  I had an issue on my old macbook, where my mouse would only
move up and down.  When I started using sway, that issue went away.

Joshua Branson
Sent from Emacs and Gnus
https://gnucode.me
https://video.hardlimit.com/accounts/joshua_branson/video-channels
"You can have whatever you want, as long as you help enough other people get what they want." - Zig Ziglar

* Re: Touchpad not working on Acer Aspire One laptop
@ 2020-11-11  8:19   ` Barnabás Béres
From: Barnabás Béres @ 2020-11-11  8:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Barnabás Béres, help-guix

Hi Joshua,
My touchpad worked well under windows XP but under Guix it's not working at
all

Joshua Branson <jbranso@dismail.de> ezt írta (időpont: 2020. nov. 11., Sze,
8:44):

@ 2020-11-11  9:44   ` pelzflorian (Florian Pelz)
From: pelzflorian (Florian Pelz) @ 2020-11-11  9:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Barnabás Béres, help-guix

On Wed, Nov 11, 2020 at 02:44:40AM -0500, Joshua Branson wrote:

> Hey Barnabas!  (awesome name by the way!)
>
> Is your touchpad working at all?  Can you move a mouse with your
> touchpad?  I had an issue on my old macbook, where my mouse would only
> move up and down.  When I started using sway, that issue went away.
>
> Thanks,

The Macbook touchpad bug was probably
<https://issues.guix.gnu.org/35574> which was resolved in the default
configuration by booting Linux with modprobe.blacklist=usbmouse.

Possibly it would help to add a set-xorg-configuration service to your
operating-system configuration file (/etc/config.scm or whatever you
have called it) and there select either not libinput or not synaptics:

(services (…
           (set-xorg-configuration
            (xorg-configuration
             (keyboard-layout keyboard-layout)
             (modules
              (list
               xf86-video-vesa
               xf86-video-fbdev
               xf86-video-amdgpu
               xf86-video-ati
               xf86-video-cirrus
               xf86-video-intel
               xf86-video-mach64
               xf86-video-nouveau
               xf86-video-nv
               xf86-video-sis
               xf86-input-libinput ;maybe remove this libinput line
               xf86-input-evdev
               xf86-input-keyboard
               xf86-input-mouse
               xf86-input-synaptics ;maybe remove this synaptics line
               ))))
           …

Then do a  guix system reconfigure.

Regards,
Florian

* Re: Touchpad not working on Acer Aspire One laptop
@ 2020-11-11 10:15     ` Barnabás Béres
From: Barnabás Béres @ 2020-11-11 10:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pelzflorian (Florian Pelz); +Cc: help-guix

Thanks, I'll check it out.

pelzflorian (Florian Pelz) <pelzflorian@pelzflorian.de> ezt írta (időpont:
2020. nov. 11., Sze, 10:44):

> On Wed, Nov 11, 2020 at 02:44:40AM -0500, Joshua Branson wrote:
> >
> > Hey Barnabas!  (awesome name by the way!)
> >
> > Is your touchpad working at all?  Can you move a mouse with your
> > touchpad?  I had an issue on my old macbook, where my mouse would only
> > move up and down.  When I started using sway, that issue went away.
> >
> > Thanks,
>
> The Macbook touchpad bug was probably
> <https://issues.guix.gnu.org/35574> which was resolved in the default
> configuration by booting Linux with modprobe.blacklist=usbmouse.
>
> Possibly it would help to add a set-xorg-configuration service to your
> operating-system configuration file (/etc/config.scm or whatever you
> have called it) and there select either not libinput or not synaptics:
>
> (services (…
>            (set-xorg-configuration
>             (xorg-configuration
>              (keyboard-layout keyboard-layout)
>              (modules
>               (list
>                xf86-video-vesa
>                xf86-video-fbdev
>                xf86-video-amdgpu
>                xf86-video-ati
>                xf86-video-cirrus
>                xf86-video-intel
>                xf86-video-mach64
>                xf86-video-nouveau
>                xf86-video-nv
>                xf86-video-sis
>                xf86-input-libinput ;maybe remove this libinput line
>                xf86-input-evdev
>                xf86-input-keyboard
>                xf86-input-mouse
>                xf86-input-synaptics ;maybe remove this synaptics line
>                ))))
>            …
>
> Then do a  guix system reconfigure.
>
> Regards,