My video.scm already has libass. I tried removing and reinstalling VLC but it doesn't work. Am I missing something? On Mon, Mar 12, 2018 at 5:14 PM, Ludovic Courtès wrote: > Hello, > > Dang Duong skribis: > > > I have installed the latest version of VLC (2.2.8) on Trisquel 7.0 using > > Guix. It works normally with .srt files but cannot open .ass files. I > tried > > installing libass but it still doesn't work. > > It seems that our vlc package lacks libass as an input: > > https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix.git/tree/gnu/ > packages/video.scm#n810 > > Could you try adding libass in the vlc package definition, then install > it, and see if it works? > > If you’re not familiar with Guix packaging, see > >, > and do not hesitate to ask for guidance here or on #guix on IRC! > > HTH, > Ludo’. >