Hi Ludo', A person there wrote: > > > among other things I was missing the line users.extraGroups.networkmanager.members > = ["root"]; > > Could you try “groupadd -r networkmanager && usermod -aG networkmanager > root” > (these changes will be lost upon reboot) and run “nmtui” from there? > > This does not fix the problem, the problem persists also after "sudo herd restart networking", the message is still "Could not activate the connection: The VPN service 'org.freedesktop.NetworkManager.openvpn was not installed'" Querying /var/log for "vpn" returns many entries like this: /messages:Jan 11 13:24:50 localhost NetworkManager[19464]: [1515673490.8272] audit: op="connection-activate" uuid="not sure if this is sensitive information but i removed it anyways" name="mullvad_de-ber" pid=19581 uid=0 result="fail" reason="The VPN service 'org.freedesktop.NetworkManager.openvpn' was not installed." I will investigate further later, but I am not sure where to start Johannes (sorry about sending it twice, i accidentally only replied to you)