* glibc-2.31 corrupted substitute and build from source failure
@ 2020-09-05  0:19 Joao Pedro de Omena Simas
From: Joao Pedro de Omena Simas @ 2020-09-05  0:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix

Hello,
I was trying to install gnuradio and I was getting some errors when trying
to include glibc-2.31's headers. I checked the contents of the header files
in the /include directory inside the
/gnu/store/fa6wj5bxkj5ll1d7292a70knmyl7a0cr-glibc-2.31/ and some of them
(e.g. aio.h) and they were really corrupted. I tried running guix build
--repair glibc and the problem persisted. Then I tried it again with
--no-substitutes and I got a build failure stating:

checking for gcc... gcc
checking for suffix of object files... configure: error: in
`/tmp/guix-build-glibc-2.31.drv-0/build':
configure: error: cannot compute suffix of object files: cannot compile
See `config.log' for more details

is there anything else I can do to solve this? I also tried to install
gnuradio with --with-input=glibc=glibc@2.30, but it seems some of the
dependencies explicitely require glibc 2.31

Sincerelly,
Joao

only message in thread, other threads:[~2020-09-05  0:34 UTC | newest]