unofficial mirror of help-guix@gnu.org
* Failing aarch64 builds on CI
@ 2021-09-17 13:58 András Vöröskői
From: András Vöröskői @ 2021-09-17 13:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix

Hi,

I am running guix on a rpi4 machine, so substitute availability is
quite important to me, as building packages takes a while and not fun
at all :-)

The aarch64-linux target looks quite bad on CI, but if I understand it
correctly it could be vastly improved by just restarting a couple of
builds which failed because of temporary network issues, but never got
restarted. Now building does not even start for packages build upon
these.

Could someone please restart the following builds for a start:
libxml2: https://ci.guix.gnu.org/build/28145/details
libvorbis: https://ci.guix.gnu.org/build/28194/details
speex: https://ci.guix.gnu.org/build/28199/details
libxau: https://ci.guix.gnu.org/build/27778/details
libxdmcp: https://ci.guix.gnu.org/build/27875/details

* Re: Failing aarch64 builds on CI
@ 2021-09-17 18:06 ` Maxim Cournoyer
From: Maxim Cournoyer @ 2021-09-17 18:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: András Vöröskői; +Cc: help-guix

Hello András,

András Vöröskői <voroskoi@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I am running guix on a rpi4 machine, so substitute availability is
> quite important to me, as building packages takes a while and not fun
> at all :-)
>
> The aarch64-linux target looks quite bad on CI, but if I understand it
> correctly it could be vastly improved by just restarting a couple of
> builds which failed because of temporary network issues, but never got
> restarted. Now building does not even start for packages build upon
> these.
>
> Could someone please restart the following builds for a start:
> libxml2: https://ci.guix.gnu.org/build/28145/details
> libvorbis: https://ci.guix.gnu.org/build/28194/details
> speex: https://ci.guix.gnu.org/build/28199/details
> libxau: https://ci.guix.gnu.org/build/27778/details
> libxdmcp: https://ci.guix.gnu.org/build/27875/details

Done!

Thank you for keeping an eye on things.

Maxim

* Re: Failing aarch64 builds on CI
@ 2021-09-18  6:17   ` András Vöröskői
From: András Vöröskői @ 2021-09-18  6:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix

Hi Maxim,

You missed libxau: https://ci.guix.gnu.org/build/27778/details

> Thank you for keeping an eye on things.

Thank You for helping me with these :-)

If You do not mind here is an other batch:
libxshmfence: https://ci.guix.gnu.org/build/27807/details
xtrans: https://ci.guix.gnu.org/build/27842/details
jansson: https://ci.guix.gnu.org/build/28758/details
flac: https://ci.guix.gnu.org/build/28207/details

Openssl also fails, but that is a testing issue. Could You give it an
other try as it does not fail for me. In Alpine they just disabled
afalg test, the comment says it fails sporadically.
https://ci.guix.gnu.org/build/554646/details
If that does not help I will create a patch for disabling this test.