unofficial mirror of help-guix@gnu.org
* enabling non-native architecture build
@ 2021-05-30  1:42 Andy Tai
From: Andy Tai @ 2021-05-30  1:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix

Hi, in the Guix manual this section

https://guix.gnu.org/manual/en/html_node/Submitting-Patches.html

> We recommend you also try building the package on other supported platforms. As you may not have access to actual hardware platforms, we recommend using the qemu-binfmt-service-type to emulate them. In order to enable it, add the following service to the list of services in your operating-system configuration:
>
> (service qemu-binfmt-service-type
>  (qemu-binfmt-configuration
>    (platforms (lookup-qemu-platforms "arm" "aarch64"))
>
> Then reconfigure your system.

shows how to support building for, say, arm, on Intel systems.
However, if I am using Guix as a foreign distribution upon another
GNU/Linux distribution, for example Fedora, how do I achieve the same
as above? Thanks

--
Andy Tai, atai@atai.org, Skype: licheng.tai, Line: andy_tai, WeChat: andytai1010
Year 2021 民國110年

only message in thread, other threads:[~2021-05-30  1:43 UTC | newest]