unofficial mirror of help-guix@gnu.org
* Error testing libarchive during SD installation.
       [not found] <CAPs_p3o59ykQeHig58PCNjFrmGkTTSikWP6XzbiiAjs_+YAgNQ@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2016-03-17 22:37 ` Alex McGrath Kraak
From: Alex McGrath Kraak @ 2016-03-17 22:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix

Hi!,

I'm running into an error while trying to install guixsd. the installation
fails when testing libarchive. "test_format_newc" is the failing test.

Thanks
Alex

* Re: Error testing libarchive during SD installation.
@ 2016-03-18 13:53   ` Thompson, David
From: Thompson, David @ 2016-03-18 13:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alex McGrath Kraak; +Cc: help-guix

On Thu, Mar 17, 2016 at 6:37 PM, Alex McGrath Kraak <amkdude@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi!,
>
> I'm running into an error while trying to install guixsd. the installation
> fails when testing libarchive. "test_format_newc" is the failing test.

This indicates to me that you are building the entire distro from
source.  You probably don't want this, so you should run 'guix pull'
before installing to get the latest version of Guix.  Due to limited
disk space, we can only retain pre-built binaries for a short period
of time, and the binaries for 0.9.0 have been garbage collected by
now.

Hope this helps.

- Dave