In exploring Culturia, here https://github.com/amirouche/Culturia/ I reach this line guix environment --ad-hoc --pure guile-next what happens is this (I'm not on Fedora anymore but rather on Ubuntu 16.04) Command 'lesspipe' is available in the following places * /bin/lesspipe * /usr/bin/lesspipe The command could not be located because '/usr/bin:/bin' is not included in the PATH environment variable. lesspipe: command not found Command 'dircolors' is available in '/usr/bin/dircolors' The command could not be located because '/usr/bin' is not included in the PATH environment variable. dircolors: command not found Command 'ls' is available in '/bin/ls' The command could not be located because '/bin' is not included in the PATH environment variable. ls: command not found Without the "--pure" it works like a charm Is this normal ? Or is there anything wrong ? Am I supposed to put ls, dircolors and lesspipe in the --ad-hoc clause ? I ask this because in order to have Geiser with all its features in Culturia, gesier-next is needed (because guile-next is used) But because the plain vanilla geiser is installed in my profile, I guess I can't have guile-next in an environment and guile in the profile, unless the environment is pure Am I right here ?