unofficial mirror of help-guix@gnu.org
[parent not found: <5aab63ea.8922c80a.cee0a.1020SMTPIN_ADDED_BROKEN@mx.google.com>]
[parent not found: <87lgetnk0z.fsf@shack@muto.ca>]
* Failed to connect to `/var/guix/daemon-socket/socket': Connection refused
@ 2018-03-15 20:47 Muto
From: Muto @ 2018-03-15 20:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix

Hello,

I am running the Guix package manager on Ubuntu (17.10), but whenever I
try to do anything as a non-root user, I get an error:

failed to connect to `/var/guix/daemon-socket/socket': Connection
refused

I've tried this for every command listed in 'guix -h'
I can 'chmod -R 777 /var' or 'chmod -R 777 /gnu' but these seem to do
nothing.

I get the same "Connection refused" error both on using 'sudo' and with
using Guix as the root account. I can still run all of the programs I
installed via Guix, I just cannot use the package management utility
anymore.

I'm sorry to be a bother, but I've been a little frustrated with Guix
lately and I could not find a viable solution online.

--
Thank you in advance. -Muto
https://muto.ca/