* guix publish as service on foreign distro
@ 2021-02-10 13:25 Phil
From: Phil @ 2021-02-10 13:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix

Hi,

I'm trying to setup guix publish as a service on a foreign distro on
Ubuntu 18.04 as per:
https://guix.gnu.org/manual/en/html_node/Invoking-guix-publish.html#Invoking-guix-publish

# ln -s ~root/.guix-profile/lib/systemd/system/guix-publish.service \
        /etc/systemd/system/
# systemctl start guix-publish && systemctl enable guix-publish

There is no .guix-profile directory created by default in root and there
doesn't seem to be anything in the manual or cookbook in case I need to install a
package there to provide the service, unless I'm missing something?

Do I just create the directory structure myself and implement
guix-publish.service first?  Is there an example implementation?

Any other pointers?

Cheers,
Phil

* Re: guix publish as service on foreign distro
@ 2021-02-10 14:24 ` zimoun
From: zimoun @ 2021-02-10 14:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Phil; +Cc: help-guix

Hi Phil,

On Wed, 10 Feb 2021 at 14:27, Phil <phil@beadling.co.uk> wrote:

> https://guix.gnu.org/manual/en/html_node/Invoking-guix-publish.html#Invoking-guix-publish

Yeah, maybe something is missing in the manual. :-)  Run:

# guix install guix

should provide the service.  Otherwise, the template is
etc/guix-publish.service.in in the source repo.

Well, I am not sure it the correct way.

Hope that helps,
simon