Okay, using a VirtualBox VM, I obtained the following error message before the VFS one: No filesystem could mount root, tries ext3 ext2 ext4 vfat On Tue, 26 Jan 2016 at 7:59 PM, Kabelo Moiloa wrote: > Could you elaborate, do you want me to write down the call trace? The last > things to be displayed for me are the call trace, some quartets of > hexadecimal numbers, and the hardware name. > On Tue, 26 Jan 2016 at 4:04 PM, Ludovic Courtès wrote: > >> Hi, >> >> Kabelo Moiloa skribis: >> >> > I copied the installation image onto my USB flash drive. When I tried to >> > boot it, I got the following kernel panic.: >> > kernel panic-not syncing: VFS: unable to mount root fs on unknown block >> > (0,1). >> >> Could you report the error messages that show up before that one? >> >> It seems that the initialization code failed to locate the device that >> contains the installation image. >> >> TIA, >> Ludo’. >> >