unofficial mirror of help-guix@gnu.org
* Specify swap partition by UUID
@ 2019-07-13  5:21 Jesse Gibbons
From: Jesse Gibbons @ 2019-07-13  5:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix

I recently discovered my current guixsd system does not use my swap
device, which is a separate drive. I want to specify a UUID. How might
I accomplish this? I do not want to be too adventurous in case I break
something and lose everything.

I tried the following to no avail:
;;;UUID string of swap device
(define swap-uuid ...)
 (swap-devices (list (uuid swap-uuid)))

It complained that it did not get a string.

 (swap-devices (list swap-uuid))

It complained about my swap-uuid not being a file or directory.

Any help would be appreciated.

-Jesse