unofficial mirror of help-guix@gnu.org
* Musagi packaging, porting, autotools'ifying help request
@ 2020-06-25 15:06 Christopher Lemmer Webber
From: Christopher Lemmer Webber @ 2020-06-25 15:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix; +Cc: drpetter

[+ CC the author, DrPetter, who I'm not sure will read this, but
   here's a try anyway]

Hello,

I've been very interested in the following music-making program (by the
same author as sfxr):

  https://www.drpetter.se/project_musagi.html

Source is released here under MIT/Expat:

  http://drpetter.se/files/musagiport.zip

(See also the musagi-linux-2.tar.gz and porting-musagi.txt files inside
of that zipfile.  Beware that the whole thing unpacks into the current
directory.)

It's kind of "abandonware" at this point but I'm very intrigued by it
(nice tutorial here):

  https://www.drpetter.se/tutorial_musagi1.html

Probably a good step would be to start a git repository that contains
the code as-is, then try to add autotools support, open the porting*.txt
files and start from there...

This probably requires a bit of work, but if anyone is interested in
working with me on it I'm very interested in this program.

 - Chris

PS: I highly, highly recommend this article on sound theory by drpetter:

  https://www.drpetter.se/article_sound.html