unofficial mirror of help-guix@gnu.org
* guix shell (environment) 32-bit
@ 2022-07-29 12:54 Gareth Lagerwall
From: Gareth Lagerwall @ 2022-07-29 12:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix

Hi there,

Is it possible to set up a 32-bit shell, with 32-bit applications, on a
64-bit guix OS? I seem to recall the filesystem being a possible option
when configuring a shell maifest, but just wanted to confirm.

Kind Regards

Gareth
------------------------------

*Gareth Lagerwall, PhD*
Candidate Engineer
Email: Gareth.Lagerwall@gmail.com

"Problems cannot be solved by the same level of awareness that created
them" Albert Einstein

* Re: guix shell (environment) 32-bit
@ 2022-07-29 15:02 ` Csepp
From: Csepp @ 2022-07-29 15:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gareth Lagerwall; +Cc: help-guix

Gareth Lagerwall <gareth.lagerwall@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi there,
>
> Is it possible to set up a 32-bit shell, with 32-bit applications, on a
> 64-bit guix OS? I seem to recall the filesystem being a possible option
> when configuring a shell maifest, but just wanted to confirm.
>
> Kind Regards
>
> Gareth
> ------------------------------
>
> *Gareth Lagerwall, PhD*
> Candidate Engineer
> Email: Gareth.Lagerwall@gmail.com
>
> "Problems cannot be solved by the same level of awareness that created
> them" Albert Einstein

It Just Works TM.

```
$ uname -m
x86_64
$ guix shell --system=i686-linux hello -- hello
Hello, world!
```

Not sure what you mean by filesystem, filesystems don't have anything to
do with guix shell as far as I know.