unofficial mirror of help-guix@gnu.org
* Question about one package
@ 2021-03-08 16:02 Charles Direg
From: Charles Direg @ 2021-03-08 16:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix

Good morning, to whom it may concern:

First of all, I apologize for using a Gmail email, it happens that I do not
know any mail server that is free, but, if you could give me any
recommendation in this regard, I would greatly appreciate it.

The software that is on this page:
https://www.simulide.com/p/home.html
From my perspective, it is free software, since it is published under the
GPL, however it is not within the Guix repository, could you add it so that
it can be available? I'm not so sure how to create the package, so I come
to you.

And finally, I am a university student, so I am forced to use proprietary
services under the web such as Google Meet, Gmail, etc. Could it be
feasible to use guix with these services without compromising freedom, or
would it be better to continue using Windows for these areas?
I ask this since Mr. Stallman in some of his conferences mentioned that it
was better not to register on websites that require registration, however,
as I insist, I am forced to use those services since my university is
uncompromising when it comes to using other software other than the one
they already have.

Best regards, and thank you very much for your kind time, I will be waiting
attentive to your responses.

Sincerely:
~ Abraham Huerta