unofficial mirror of help-guix@gnu.org
* About Source tarball
@ 2022-06-29  0:40 mj lane
From: mj lane @ 2022-06-29  0:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix

Hello,

 I thank you for giving me how to use a trick. I am a low-profile person in
the field of software and english. I am very interested in the construction
of creating an OS in the application of emacs. I have a question, what is
the function or purpose in GNU Guix 1.3.0 Source tarball? Source tarball
can replicate or modify the way I built the OS later? I hope team guix can
give you an answer.

thanks.

* Re: About Source tarball
@ 2022-08-17 10:03 ` zimoun
From: zimoun @ 2022-08-17 10:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mj lane, help-guix

Hi,

On Wed, 29 Jun 2022 at 08:40, mj lane <onemzlan@gmail.com> wrote:

>  I thank you for giving me how to use a trick. I am a low-profile person in
> the field of software and english. I am very interested in the construction
> of creating an OS in the application of emacs. I have a question, what is
> the function or purpose in GNU Guix 1.3.0 Source tarball? Source tarball
> can replicate or modify the way I built the OS later? I hope team guix can
> give you an answer.

Somehow, the aim of v1.3 tarball is for historical archiving, I guess.

Instead, for modifying your own copy, I would suggest to give a look at
the section «Contributing» [1].

1: https://guix.gnu.org/manual/devel/en/guix.html#Contributing

Hope that helps,
simon