Den mån 25 maj 2020 kl 07:58 skrev zimoun : > Dear, > Thank you for your feedback. No problem. > How do you load your profile? "guix package --search-paths" or '. > "$GUIX_PROFILE/etc/profile"'? > In my ~/.bash_profile, there is '. "$GUIX_PROFILE/etc/profile"' and I > do not have any issue on a foreign distro. I'm using the one installed when I ran the installer shell script i.e the one ending up here: /etc/profile.d/guix.sh. Which is doing: `[ -f "$GUIX_PROFILE/etc/profile" ] && . "$GUIX_PROFILE/etc/profile"` But this was just me being stupid. It works perfectly, I had just forgot to reboot/relogin _after_ I installed emacs. > Please could list which packages do you use which ae not (yet) packaged in Guix? > And you could give a try with "guix import elpa -r". It should work > with MELPA too. Updated to the latest guix to make sure nothing has been added since I ran this. Currently using commit: b2d35dd9aeb3f6c566d53bfc9534abfd57860a51 Packages I'm missing are: flymake-shellcheck cargo meson-mode glsl-mode buffer-move And looks like all of them are trivial to package up using "guix import elpa". Thanks for pointing that out. I'll give that a shot as it seems like a good way to go through the process of contributing packages to guix. > Please could you report which packages do not work properly for you? - emacs-lua-mode: Getting this error: Error (use-package): lua-mode/:catch: Unknown rx form ‘symbol’ Looks like this package is just outdated when I look at the version: emacs melpa lua-mode = 20200508.1316 emacs-lua-mode = 20191204-1.1f596a9 - emacs-org-super-agenda: First I missed this was packaged up in guix. But now when I try and build it, one of its dependencies `emacs-ts` fails to build. One of the tests are failing. I've attached the log - emacs-magit: This is just a minor thing. But the highlight/diff in the magit buffer is more of a tight fit, which looks ugly. Where as if I use magit from melpa the highlight/diff is a straight block. I've attached a screenshot on how this looks. Left is emacs-magit, right is melpa magit. - emacs-ledger-mode: Does not work with flymake. Looks like most of the packages that does not work for me are just outdated. Exception being emacs-org-super-agenda. > My personal experience about mixing Emacs packages from Guix and from > package.el is really poor; it always breaks on one way or another. > Therefore, I switched to all Emacs packages from Guix. Yeah, that seems to be the best approach. And given how straight forward it seems to be using "guix import elpa" to generate a package definition. Then I don't see the need of mixing, as I can just either use a local build of guix or a channel if I need something in a pinch. Thanks for the help! -- s/Fred[re]+i[ck]+/Fredrik/g