Hi 1) the new possibility of picking a commit that hydra already built thus > avoiding the compilation of guix locally? Didn't know that. Is that some sort of combination with "guix weather" and "guix pull --commit"? > 2) the ability to control the cpu frequency via a governor or the program > cpufreq-set? That I'm aware of, but newer hit me to throttle the cpu though when building. Thanks for the tip! Given that I'm still curious to get the offload working as I have an desktop machine just sitting and collecting dust and would be fun to put that to use. 2018-06-28 0:02 GMT-07:00 swedebugia : > > > On June 28, 2018 8:09:14 AM GMT+02:00, Fredrik Salomonsson < > plattfot@gmail.com> wrote: > >Hi, > > > >got inspired by this thread to try and setup offloading for my laptop. > >As > >everytime I run guix pull my laptop sounds like it's preparing to take > >off. > > > > Hi. > Are you aware of > 1) the new possibility of picking a commit that hydra already built thus > avoiding the compilation of guix locally? > 2) the ability to control the cpu frequency via a governor or the program > cpufreq-set? > > This helps me keep my laptop temperature in check and guix pull with > picked commit only takes a few minutes to complete. > -- > Cheers Swedebugia > -- s/Fred[re]+i[ck]+/Fredrik/g