unofficial mirror of help-guix@gnu.org
* updating takes so much memory
@ 2021-06-01 12:00 Tomás Chapunov
From: Tomás Chapunov @ 2021-06-01 12:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix

Can I move the Store to another disk?

I have two installations of Guix.
- One Guix SD, it works fine. I'm fiddling with it, but it's a work in
progress.
- One Guix package manager on top of my main debian 10 system. I have some
packages installed, but texlive is giant. When I do:

$ guix package -u

it uses so much memory that always exhaust my PC.

I wonder if I can symlink the store, and relocate it in another disk. I
have more than one.
Is there any best practices recommendation about doing this? Can I break
something?
Is there any issue I have to consider about performance or anything like
that?

Thanks! Guix is marvelous, but it takes a steep learning curve.