One phrase I heard recently and struck a chord: Needs Unite, Ideas Divide We all need Free Software but I think the attitude toward non-free seems to vary - I seem to be on the side of "I don't care as long as I know where they are on my system" So yes, I think we just need to have a separate community and happily work together 😄 -Yasu > On May 13, 2022, at 05:19, David Lecompte wrote: > > Hi, > >> Le jeudi 12 mai 2022 à 18:00 +0200, zimoun a écrit : >> The Guix project is part of the GNU project; for the good, the bad or >> the ugly. What it implies is documented, for instance: >> >> < >> https://www.gnu.org/distros/free-system-distribution-guidelines.en.html >>> >> > > These rules are for GNU/Linux distros in general, they are not specific > to the GNU project, e.g. they are also followed by Trisquel, Parabola and > Hyperbola. > > I only use and recommend distros that follow these rules because with > other distros, it is frequent to receive "solutions" by using non-free > software, while the people proposing the "solutions" don't even mention > it is non-free software because they don't care. > > Some may say it is censorship, for me it is commitment not to mislead > people. > > For wifi, since linux-libre has support for wifi USB dongle using ath9, I > guess it should work fine with Guix SD (but I haven't tried actually). > > David. >