unofficial mirror of help-guix@gnu.org
* GNOME shell extensions not being discovered or loaded
@ 2021-12-17 15:08 mason1920 via
From: mason1920 via @ 2021-12-17 15:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix@gnu.org

Hello! I am having trouble getting two GNOME shell extensions I installed from Guix package manager on the Guix system to register with the shell.

Having installed the packages gnome-shell-extension-topicons-redux and gnome-shell-extension-paperwm, no visible changes were made to my shell, even following a reboot.
Additionally, gnome-extensions listreturns no extensions. I can verify that the extensions are available in "$HOME/.guix-profile/share/gnome-shell/extensions/" and that "$HOME/.guix-profile/share" is in the XDG_DATA_DIRS environment variable (but with $HOME being replaced with the absolute path to my actual home directory).

My Guix version is 6335c94b1d9897b6f65234f6d266c0c0f36d6112 and my shell is version 41.0.

Note that the two extensions are the extent of my sample size; if I'm requested to do so, I shall install more.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2021-12-21 14:20 UTC | newest]