unofficial mirror of help-guix@gnu.org
From: phodina via <help-guix@gnu.org>
To: "help-guix@gnu.org" <help-guix@gnu.org>
Subject: Building Python pkg - date2name
Date: Sat, 24 Apr 2021 13:10:12 +0000	[thread overview]

Hi, I'm trying to build a python module date2name. However, I can't use guix import pypi date2name as I get error:

guix import: error: no source release for pypi package date2name 2018.05.09.1

So I just download it from github and attempt the build. But, it does not have a setup.py file and fails in the build phase.
In Guix manual there is option #:use-setuptools? #f  but I also doesn't help.

Could you please provide guidance how to build the package?
(define-module (expanse packages date2name)

#:use-module (guix packages)

#:use-module (guix git-download)

#:use-module (guix build-system python)

#:use-module (guix licenses))

(define-public date2name

(package

(name "date2name")

(version "master")

(source (origin

(method git-fetch)

(uri

(git-reference

(url "https://github.com/novoid/date2name")

(commit version)))

(sha256

(base32

"064kydcry8jswbbvl1g7gg2pqmyz2fqk4j7k81pzlvb1vjnqjphd"))))

(build-system python-build-system)

(arguments

`(#:use-setuptools? #f))

(synopsis "Handling time-stamps and date-stamps in file names")

(description "Per default, date2name gets the modification time of matching files and directories and adds a datestamp in standard ISO 8601+ format YYYY-MM-DD (http://datestamps.org/index.shtml) at the beginning of the file- or directory name.")

(home-page "https://github.com/novoid/date2name")

(license gpl3)))

Kind regards
Petr Hodina