unofficial mirror of help-guix@gnu.org
* Has anyone managed to set up a SMTP server?
@ 2020-09-05 10:38 divoplade
From: divoplade @ 2020-09-05 10:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix

Hello Guix,

I am trying to set up a mail server. I had already "done" this on
debian, where I could just set up a couple of configuration options and
it would generate the HUGE template configuration file, and then
compile it down to a still huge but unreadable configuration file
through update-exim4.conf.

Now, I cannot help but notice that no such thing exists on guix. So I
have to actually configure everything from scratch, and the task is
quite heavy. Has anyone already done that?

Anyways, is it easier to do with opensmtpd?

Best regards,

divoplade

* Re: Has anyone managed to set up a SMTP server?
@ 2020-09-05 11:00 ` Julien Lepiller
From: Julien Lepiller @ 2020-09-05 11:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix, divoplade

Hi,

Here's my server's configuration. It's divided in multiple modules, so it might not be easy to read, but here's the mail-related configuration:

https://framagit.org/tyreunom/system-configuration/-/blob/master/modules/config/mail.scm

HTH!

@ 2020-09-05 11:22   ` divoplade
From: divoplade @ 2020-09-05 11:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Julien Lepiller, help-guix

Hello,

Le samedi 05 septembre 2020 à 07:00 -0400, Julien Lepiller a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> Here's my server's configuration. It's divided in multiple modules,
> so it might not be easy to read, but here's the mail-related
> configuration:
>
> https://framagit.org/tyreunom/system-configuration/-/blob/master/modules/config/mail.scm
>
> HTH!
Thank you, it will, surely. From all configuration modules, I see that
you have a very full-featured server. I have a similar goal for mine
(except it will also replace framagit, which is slowly closing down,
unfortunately. I believe I can substitute cuirass for gitlab-ci,
provided it runs on my server).

divoplade