I got this error when trying to initialize the guix system: /mnt/etc/config.scm:8:0: error: source expression failed to match any pattern My config.scm is available at http://kete.ninth.su/config.scm.txt. What I tried was changing the sda1 to sda since the template says sdX and not something like sdXY. It didn't make a difference. I made sure I used the label /my-root/ by looking at the history of commands. I made the ext4 filesystems on both partitions (one after luksOpen). The comment is blank/nil. This config worked before with minor changes. It failed when guix tried to install Grub on the entire encrypted root because as some know, that is not supported yet. I am on freenode, too. -- https://emailselfdefense.fsf.org Key fingerprint = D7E9 5431 9C95 097F C314 C2A2 DD8C 15BD 0168 5E3A