unofficial mirror of help-guix@gnu.org
* Need help with Xmonad setup and login from tty
@ 2021-10-27 22:02 Disseminate Dissent via
From: Disseminate Dissent via @ 2021-10-27 22:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix@gnu.org

To whom this may concern,

Hello, I have a relatively good understand of GNU/Linux. Just moved from Arch after using it for several months, looking for more GNU. However, I'm having some serious difficult with two things that I imagine are simple.

During installation I opted out of setting up the default DEs and display managers since I prefer to login through TTY. I'm also using xmonad but am having trouble with getting it up and running. When invoking `startx` the screen goes black and then I'm unable to back out or even switch to another TTY. How would I go back solving these two issues?

Thanks for any help in advance.
All the best