unofficial mirror of help-guix@gnu.org
From: "Jonathan McHugh" <indieterminacy@libre.brussels>
To: "Joshua Branson" <jbranso@dismail.de>
Cc: help-guix@gnu.org
Subject: Re: Guix on the MNT Reform
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2021 09:02:12 +0000	[thread overview]

Hi Joshua,

That is excellent news.

I will send you a private mail, as I now have a greater (indirect) interest in git repos being rapidly deployable - think TildeGit
=> https://tildegit.org/

OpenBSD Amsterdam has raised €14,395 for the OpenBSD Foundation through their VPS services (10 EUR VPS/PA 15 EUR VPS/renewal)
=> https://openbsd.amsterdam

I had a very positive experience with Mischa, who oversees that service.
=> https://mischapeters.com/

A OpenBSD friend has a high opinion of the implementation, mentioning that practical concerns mean that some facets are upstream of that OS. He should be approachable should you have any points of concern for your project. Who knows, maybe you can even do some cross selling for your respective services....)

As for me, I try to avoid actively consuming services operative within privacy repealing legislative domains (such a pity). However, you can still count me in for a small donation (woo, money for nowt!), certainly in reciprocation for this:
=> https://gnucode.me/make-money-contributing-to-gnu.html

I will first consider your server offer for a donation for my local hackerspace, HSBXL - though I dont know if the shipping fees (and custom charges) would counter the generosity. Focus may preclude me maintaining any pooled infrastructure there (I prefer banjaxing my setups instead), though I am negotiating greater input on forge management. Im the only Guix user at that coterie, so the hypervisor's governance would likely remain heterogenous (in lieu of its membership).

Nethertheless, your ambition does need replicating at an EEA level, Id like to be able to provide peripheral input (from 2022 at least). I may stalk Neutrinet meetups for stimulus and ideas.
=> https://neutrinet.be/

I look forward to viewing the interview (I used to interview musicians in a previous life, I miss the practice)
=> https://video.hardlimit.com/videos/watch/da57d61c-b2e9-473c-9ed0-9390bf610f67

I shall pass on the gossip concerning Libre-Soc's positive growth (Im heartened to read that NLNet have seeded them)
=> https://libre-soc.org

Jonathan McHugh
indieterminacy@libre.brussels

>>> https://video.hardlimit.com/accounts/joshua_branson/video-channels