Hello Ison! > I had a similar problem a while back which caused me to switch to > Wayland, at least to wait until the problem went away. Once I made > the > switch I no longer had stuttering on the entire desktop, but it still > happens in some games. > For example there is no stuttering in Minetest, but there is > stuttering > in Xonotic. > > In my attempts to track down the cause I've seen some bug reports > concerning recent versions of SDL which attempts to do something like > enumerate joystick devices every 3 seconds and causes a mini freeze. > > Does your stuttering occur at regular intervals around 3 seconds as > well? If not then maybe this is unrelated to your issue. > > If it is the same issue then I recently found a temporary workaround > which is to re-write packages and their dependencies to use SDL > version > 2.0.8. Thanks for your email. I do not think I have the same issue. :-) Regards, RG.