unofficial mirror of help-guix@gnu.org
* Lazy users and updates
@ 2019-12-27 13:29 Todor Kondić
From: Todor Kondić @ 2019-12-27 13:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix\@gnu.org

Given the user-centric approach of Guix, it feels like it should be up to individual users of a shared system to deal with installations and the system updates. But, what to do when they are lazy, or too novice for fiddling with the command line?

Do I use the admin's prerogative and set their own crontabs to pull and "package -u" once in a while? I feel like this is overriding their free will for their own good.

Note that the question is ethical, as much as technical :)