Hi Trev, I'm using Guix System (guix 77e768a), which comes with GNOME 42.4. On Thursday, September 22nd, 2022 at 04:57, Trev wrote: > Hey Guix, > > Please forgive my ignorance here. I am not fully with it in terms of > how GNOME works. > > It seems to me that many aspects of GNOME are just broken since the day > I installed it with my Guix System. More specifically, those that might > be related to tracker-miners. That's my experience too, although some things have improved. > A few immediate examples are gnome-music, totem and gnome-photos. > None of these are able to find/use my media. In my case, only gnome-photos lists images from my ~/Images folder (and only that folder). Totem and gnome-music display a blank view. Music and Photos seem to be useless without autodiscovery because they don't seem to have any button to load media manually (or at least I can't find it). > A different, probably unrelated issue is that Nautilus doesn't show any > thumbnails. This one has a corresponding bug report that I see you already found (https://issues.guix.gnu.org/issue/39117). > Any suggestions are appreciated. Thank you all Unfortunately I don't know how to fix that myself.