unofficial mirror of help-guix@gnu.org
* Re: stumpwm on guix - "sb-cltl2" issues
@ 2022-05-03 14:35 Wil deBeest
From: Wil deBeest @ 2022-05-03 14:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Benjamin Slade; +Cc: help-guix

Wil deBeest <bovid-19@4tii.de> writes:

> Benjamin Slade <beoram@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> I'm trying to run my long-standing stumpwm init.lisp on a recent Guix
>> install, using the packaged stumpwm, however when it launches, it
>> fails to process the init.lisp and gives me an "Don't know how to
>> REQUIRE sb-cltl2." error.
>> I've set the SBCL_HOME variable both in .xprofile and in the init.lisp
>> itself [via `(sb-posix:putenv
>> "SBCL_HOME=/run/current-system/profile/lib/sbcl/")' ], but this
>> doesn't seem to help.
>> Is there a good way around this? (On my other system I just compile
>> stumpwm from source and install; I don't know if that makes a
>> difference here.)
>> —Ben
>
> I used to have the same problem, but I don't remember what fixed it.
>
> SBCL_HOME isn't set at all, I only have `exec /home/bovid-19/.guix-profile/bin/stumpwm' in my
> `~/.xinitrc', and my stumpwm init file starts like this:
>
> (in-package :stumpwm)
> (require 'sb-cltl2)
>

> I'm not sure what else I can look for.

I have probably found the solution: in addition to stumpwm, I also have
`cl-trivial-cltl2' and `cl-asdf' (and sbcl) in my system configuration.
If you can confirm that those two packages are what was missing, we
should add them to the stumpwm package as inputs.

* Re: stumpwm on guix - "sb-cltl2" issues
@ 2022-05-03 14:18 Wil deBeest
From: Wil deBeest @ 2022-05-03 14:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Benjamin Slade; +Cc: help-guix

@ 2022-04-16  0:29 Benjamin Slade