Hey Pierre, On Fri, Mar 02 2018, Pierre Neidhardt wrote: > An idea crossed my mind: from a foreign distribution with Guix > installed, run > > guix system init /mnt/etc/config.scm /mnt > > [...] > > Is there a simple way to do this without `herd'? There is! I followed the vague instructions in this message to convert my debian installation to a GuixSD installation and it (broadly speaking) worked. https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2017-04/msg00139.html The trick is not to "init", but just to "reconfigure" into GuixSD. It feels a bit hacky, but it works. Carlo