* flatpak doesn't set XDG_DATA_DIRS
@ 2020-07-01  9:10 Simen Endsjø
From: Simen Endsjø @ 2020-07-01  9:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix

It seems flatpak doesn't update XDG_DATA_DIRS, so installed
applications doesn't
show in the desktop and have to be started manually using `flatpak
run ...`.
Should the package set this? If not, what's the best practice in
setting this?

        Note that the directories

        '/var/lib/flatpak/exports/share'
        '/home/simendsjo/.local/share/flatpak/exports/share'

        are not in the search path set by the XDG_DATA_DIRS
        environment variable, so
        applications installed by Flatpak may not appear on your
        desktop until the
        session is restarted.

* Re: flatpak doesn't set XDG_DATA_DIRS
@ 2020-09-15 17:09 ` Joshua Branson
From: Joshua Branson @ 2020-09-15 17:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Simen Endsjø; +Cc: help-guix

If you find out, please let me know.  I'd love to get firefox working.

Also, I would guess that it would go into ~/.bash_profile

--
Joshua Branson
Sent from Emacs and Gnus