unofficial mirror of help-guix@gnu.org
* interactively debugging os configuration
@ 2021-05-17  7:19 kevinbanjo
       [not found] ` <87sg2ldaw6.fsf@foxmail.com>
From: kevinbanjo @ 2021-05-17  7:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix

Hi everyone:

I think I might be on the verge of getting the guix system (or something
closely resembling it) running fairly simply under wsl 2 but this sample os
config file:

https://github.com/giuliano108/guix-packages/blob/master/systems/wsl-config.scm

is giving me the following error:

~ # guix system reconfigure --no-bootloader wsl-config.scm
                (supplementary-groups '("wheel")))
                       |guix system: error: failed to load 'wsl-config.scm':
               %base-user-accounts))
                       |/root/wsl-config.scm:90:70: In procedure
profile-content: Wrong type argument: #<<scheme-file> name: "

I know elisp and clojure fairly well but not so much scheme and especially
not guile so can anyone either point out to me what the error is or failing
that how I might bring this up in a repl so I can interactively debug it?

I have very limited capabilities of debugging it from the windows command
line tool running character based emacs which I installed in guix (and I'm
reluctant to go configuring guix too much more incase I break something and
have to just jettison it all and start over since I can't get the system
reconfigure going).

TIA,
-Kevin