Hi Thomas, Quick answer; apologies if I miss some subtleties. Thomas Albers 写道: > My suggestion would be to add a "extra-options" field to > structure. This field would be appended to the > command > line arguments to the cryptsetup call. > > One could also add a "keyfile" parameter but this would be too > specific to the luks device mapper Well, so is a field to add crypsetup-specific command-line arguments. Abstracting this into meaningful field names like key-file is better from a readability point of view and allows implementation details like ‘we simply invoke cryptsetup’ to remain properly hidden from view. Because naturally, one day cryptsetup will be rewritten in Guile. > For example, not everyone would like to store the keyfile inside > the > store. I think it could still be a plain string passed straight to cryptsetup, with the user responsible for its existence. > Also, is it possible to modify existing code for such small > changes, > without needing to rewrite complete functions? Many of the > functions > used are not exposed by the modules and one needs to rewrite the > function one wants to use and also its dependencies. You can force access to unexported symbols using (@@ (name of module) symbol). It's as recommended as it sounds. Nor can you rewrite parts of compiled procedures AFAIK. > My last question would be: Why is the file called initrd, when > in > reality a initramfs scheme is used? Saves space :-) Conceptually, they are the same thing. Nobody who knows what ‘initrd’ means will read the word in 2021 and think the distribution literally only supports pre-2005 ramdisks. It also keeps us consistent with GRUB, which uses ‘initrd’. Kind regards, T G-R