2022-11-16 / 23:41 / mekeor@posteo.de: > 2022-11-16 / 23:22 / jbranso@dismail.de: > > November 16, 2022 6:15 PM, "Mekeor Melire" wrote: > > > you might want to import a mailing-list-archive into mu4e. E.g. > > > because debbugs.el is slow, you might want to import the archives of > > > the guix-patches mailing list. This is how to do so. > > Would you mind writing this up and including it in the guix cookbook? > > Alright, I'll try to send a patch. I think I should change the > instructions in order to replace the unpackaged mb2md perl-script in > favor of the packaged mblaze tool. Afterwards, it should be straight > forward. I made a little shell script out of these instructions. You can find it attached. The script allows to either import a specified GNU mailing-list into a specified maildir, or update that maildir, beginning either from a specified YYYY-MM date or from the date of the latest message. For example, I used this command to initialize my mailing-list-maildirs: guix shell mblaze html-xml-utils -- sh -c 'for l in bug-guix guix-devel guix-patches help-guix; do ~/path/to/ugmltmd ~/path/to/mail/$l $l 2022-01; done' And I use the following command to update my mailing-list-maildirs: guix shell mblaze html-xml-utils -- sh -c 'for l in bug-guix guix-devel guix-patches help-guix; do ~/path/to/ugmltmd ~/path/to/mail/$l $l; done' I wonder if it still makes sense to add some instructions into the Guix cookbook. And if so, I wonder if this shell script should just be put there or if it should live in some public git repository somewhere. What do you think?