Zachary Kanfer writes: > I don't want to use Guix to build my project because I'm developing > it. So, for example, I want to run tests often, and that uses > Gradle. I want to integrate a build into my editor. I want to make a > Guix manifest that can set up a machine for other people to use, and > they don't want to use Guix for day-to-day development. I see. I know that some people have been using Guix for local development [1] [2], so I thought that maybe you could use Guix for local development in this case, too. If it isn't possible, then I wonder what we would need to change or add to make it possible? > So when using Guix, what should $JAVA_HOME be set to? Has anyone else done a Java setup using Guix? I haven't tried local Java development with Guix, so I don't know much about how it ought to be done. There don't seem to be many Java packages in Guix yet, so I suspect a lot of machinery that we need might not be there. I tried installing java-junit in a temporary profile with 'guix package -p test-profile -i java-junit', and 'guix package -p test-profile --search-paths' doesn't recommend any search paths... It seems that it just installed a JAR file, so the way you'd set up the CLASSPATH for local development seems unclear to me. In your case, I don't really know what you'd want to set JAVA_HOME to, either, if anything. Anyway, in the meantime, I hope you can figure out how to get Gradle working with the Guix-installed Java. If you do, please let me know; I'm interested in learning more about how one would do Java development with Guix. [1] https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2016-05/msg00736.html [2] https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2016-07/msg01738.html -- Chris