Hi Christophe, Christophe Pisteur 写道: > 1) after guix pull, I get the following message: > > export PATH="$HOME/.config/guix/current/bin:$PATH" > export > INFOPATH="$HOME/.config/guix/current/share/info:$INFOPATH" > > I don't quite understand what to type in the terminal. Exactly these two lines as printed. As you copied them into this e-mail. > Should I replace > $HOME or HOME with the path of my directory, for example: > > export PATH="/home/christophe/.config/guix/current/bin:$PATH" > and then: > export > INFOPATH="/home/christophe/.config/guix/current/share/info:$INFOPATH" Well, if you: $ echo $HOME /home/christophe so both are entirely equivalent. If you write (or copy/paste) $HOME, the shell will perform your replacement for you, with less chance of mistakes. > 2) similar question with this message: > > GUIX_PROFILE="/home/christophe/.guix-profile" > . "$GUIX_PROFILE/etc/profile" > > Is this two actions (two step in the terminal, the first line > and > "enter" then the second line and "enter")? Yes, although most terminal emulators do the right thing if you simply copy and paste both lines at once with the mouse. You might have to hit Enter after that; it depends on the emulator. > And does the second line really begin with a dot? Yes. ‘.’ evaluates the contents of a shell script as if you typed it at the prompt. In bash, it's aliased to ‘source’ but this is not standard, so we say ‘.’. It's similar to executing the script (without the dot), but allows the script to change the current shell's environment: $ TEST=nope $ cat ./example TEST=hullo $ echo $TEST nope $ chmod +x ./example $ ./example # <- running $ echo $TEST nope $ . ./example $ echo $TEST # <- sourcing hullo $ > In both questions (1 et 2), I have tried several options but the > terminal does not return any message (neither error nor success > message) In Unix -- and GNU, being a Unix -- silence is golden. }:-) If something did go wrong you should've got an error message, so it sounds like everything is fine & boring. Welcome to Guix, and please don't hesitate to ask questions, newbie or not. Kind regards, T G-R