Julien Lepiller writes: >>Moving the llvm libs to a "lib" output could reduce the closure size of >>many packages I believe. >> >>Thoughts? > > Llvm doesn't support that afaik. Does not support what? Arch Linux has a separate llvm-libs package, I suppose we can do something similar. > I've recently found that we have a 30MB static library in mozjs (a gdm dependency) that is described as unused by other packages in FS, and they suggest to remove it. > > Another easy win is the 30MB gnome-backgrounds which useless on my system, as I don't use gnome. Not sure why it's in the closure of gdm. > > We could gain 50MB in the closure of many software (but not the system) by placing gnutls guile bindings in their own output (for instance, icecat depends on ffmpeg which depends on gnutls which in turn depends on guile). This might still be useful to reduce the size of separate profiles. > > I'll probably send a some patches in the next few days :) Fantastic, and thankgs for your insights! -- Pierre Neidhardt https://ambrevar.xyz/