unofficial mirror of help-guix@gnu.org
* I tried Guix for half a day but had to go back to NixOS
@ 2020-06-23 15:21 Yasuaki Kudo
From: Yasuaki Kudo @ 2020-06-23 15:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix

As the title says, I tried Guix for half a day 😅

I wanted to let you know that:

* Graphical installer run from a USB stick was broken.  I went insane, asking the questions already answered and kept repeating them.   So I could not get past the partition phase.

* The Nouveau driver for my Nvidia graphics card detected a slightly off resolution for my
4k monitor and at 30hz (not 60).   The installation of proprietary Nvidia version seemed too daunting...

* I struggled to find an installable web browser that had WebRTC (for online conferences), which was IceCat.   I wonder if that's pretty much the only choice for someone who needs precompiled code (because compiling a web browser seems to take a long tome)

Guix seems very interesting with Scheme and all but I had to go back to NixOS.  😅

[parent not found: <mailman.101.1592928025.16768.help-guix@gnu.org>]