unofficial mirror of help-guix@gnu.org
From: Alexander Asteroth <alexander.asteroth@h-brs.de>
To: Julien Lepiller <julien@lepiller.eu>
Cc: help-guix@gnu.org
Subject: Re: downgrade issue on guix system
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2021 13:17:12 +0100	[thread overview]

Found the cause.

To reconfigure I "sudo -s" first. But if I run

> GUIX_PROFILE="~/.guix-profile" &&      . "$GUIX_PROFILE/etc/profile"

guix profile is sourced but PATH is still the original users path und
guix is found there (causing the error).

If I do

> GUIX_PROFILE="/root/.guix-profile" &&  echo "$GUIX_PROFILE/etc/profile"

the result is as expected:

> /root/.guix-profile/etc/profile

but PATH is not updated afterwards (=> error).

If do do a regular login as root then everything is fine!

Cheers,

	Alex