Alexander, Alexander Asteroth 写道: >> - Which PPD file did you import? Was it[0]? If not, try that. > > I have no idea what it[0] is. This is about to become amusingly confusing, because I'm in turn not sure what ‘it[0]’ refers to above. If you mean the ‘[0]’: there was a link at the bottom of my mail to the PPD I tried. If you mean the file itself: it's what this form[1] (another link below :-) produces from selecting your printer model and clicking ‘Generate PPD file’. I did not inspect how that site works, but as modern CUPS autogenerates .ppd files from .drv files, I expect it to do the same. > The ppd I used before is from the Samsung uld-package That's the binary-only (and hence unsupportable) .deb, right? >> - Why remove foomatic-filters from the default CUPS extensions >> list? > > I was not aware that adding filters to the service description > overrides > the filters default values. I thought it just add's them and > somewhere > it was remommended adding the hplib-minimal filters, and in my > helplessness I tried everything ;-) Wait, so it didn't work with the default list? :-( Also, was it not clear from the Guix manual that the default list should include all viable drivers? If you have any suggestions to improve the wording, please let me know! > Anyway, I gave other Samsung drivers a try and with the > SCX-5330N I found a > driver that also seems to work with my SCX-4729. Great! All's well that ends well. I find it strange that the foomatic package doesn't offer you exact printer model when it probably supports it, but that's not really a Guix bug, I think. Happy printing, T G-R [0]: https://openprinting.org/ppd-o-matic.php?driver=pxlmono&printer=Samsung-SCX-472x&.submit=Generate+PPD+file&show=1&.cgifields=show&.cgifields=shortgui [1]: https://www.openprinting.org/driver/pxlmono