unofficial mirror of help-guix@gnu.org
* Old packages in GUIX under Debian stable
@ 2022-07-26  7:19 Alexander Asteroth
From: Alexander Asteroth @ 2022-07-26  7:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix

Dear all,

I'm currently playing around with GUIX on a current Debian stable
(11.4) release. More precisely I'm trying to substitute the
"GUIX-System"-part of GUIX by Debian and install (nearly) all other
packages using GUIX.

At first this worked perfectly fine but suddenly after a guix pull,
guix is presenting me with really old software

e.g. (all other softwares seem to be as old as well):

> name: icecat
> version: 78.4.0-guix0-preview1

I verified that the version of the guix binary is from my current
profile, the environment variables are freshly set from current
profile as well.

Any hint about what could have gone wrong here? I was suspecting the
old kernel and libraries from Debian causing this but since it worked
in the first place that cannot be the cause.

Cheers,
Alex