Joshua Branson writes: > Pierre Neidhardt writes: > >> Chris Marusich writes: >> >>> Another option is to find a system that respects your freedom and does >>> not require proprietary software to run. I have a LibreBoot laptop I >>> purchased from MiniFree, and I love it! I know that purchasing a >>> replacement computer that respects your freedom can seem like an >>> expensive option, but if you have the money, then it's an option: >>> >>> https://minifree.org/ >>> >>> You may also be interested in looking at: >>> >>> https://www.fsf.org/resources/hw/endorsement/respects-your-freedom >> >> How does it compare to Purism? > > I believe that minifree sells products that Richard Stallman would > purchase. Purism is pretty close to something that Stallman would > purchase, but I believe there may be some lingering issues with Intel's > FSP that would prevent Stallman from purchasing a Purism. You can read > a bit more of it here: https://puri.sm/posts/measuring-the-intel-me-to-create-a-more-secure-computer/ > > However, I would argue that currently, Purism is probably the best > company working on making a modern and freedom respecting computing > device. EOMA68 is another contender. https://www.crowdsupply.com/eoma68/micro-desktop What about the TALOSII? It seems like another good option, if you can afford it. https://www.raptorcs.com/TALOSII/ It seems it was good enough to convince Libreboot to recommend it: https://libreboot.org/news/talos.html -- Chris