unofficial mirror of help-guix@gnu.org
From: Bone Baboon <bone.baboon@disroot.org>
To: Bone Baboon <bone.baboon@disroot.org>
Cc: help-guix@gnu.org
Subject: Re: `guix pull` of an ssh channel fails
Date: Wed, 12 May 2021 16:08:15 -0400	[thread overview]

I received help from civodul on #guix.  They suggested I run
`ssh-agent`.

After running `ssh-agent` and using the environment variables it outputs
in the command `SSH_AUTH_SOCK=/tmp/ssh-XXXXXXLfu5ES/agent.18550
SSH_AGENT_PID=18551 guix pull` I am no longer getting this error message
"guix pull: error: Git error: error authenticating: no auth sock
variable".

However I now get this error message "guix pull: error: Git error:
Failed to retrieve list of SSH authentication methods: Failed getting
response`".