Jone, Brett, brettg@posteo.net 写道: > On 29.12.2019 13:32, Jone wrote: >> I am already a former user of this distribution. Excuse me but >> about >> half a year ago I tried installing this with the current >> configuration >> on another machine. Hah! Slim? No, GDM! XFCE -> Slim - it >> should be >> so! Slim was unmaintained and buggy, so GDM was chosen as better default. The discussion was public. >> I’m just sad that such a distribution has fallen into disrepair >> :( Hyperbolic untruths like this gets us nowhere. Replacing unmaintained software with maintained alternatives is the sign of a healthy distribution. We'd also gladly accept a patch adding your favourite DM to Guix! Meanwhile, I've (duh) realised that the 'wares you object to simply share a common author. I'm sorry, but ‘I don't like Red Hat!’ is not an argument to anyone but yourself. I'm not a fan-boy myself. I dislike systemd upstream, GNOME everything, and the only thing keeping NM installed here is inertia: so many saved networks. I'm genuinely interested in any real issues you encounter with these packages — but that just ain't one. > If you need help in achieving this, do not hesitate to ask. I am > here > to help. It also seems you replied to me off the list, so I am > cc'ing > the list back into the conversation. Thanks! I concur. Kind regards, T G-R