unofficial mirror of help-guix@gnu.org
* Blender has no denoiser
@ 2022-04-14 12:02 Haider Mirza
From: Haider Mirza @ 2022-04-14 12:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix

The Guix installation of Blender has no denoiser.
Blender's compositor says that Blender is compiled without
"OpenImageDenoise"

Last time I checked OIDN (OpenImageDenoise) is free software and
all it's dependancies are also.
I tried to packaged OIDN but it just ended up being a massive pain
and It's depenadancy (ispc) just refused to compile.
Can you suggest some sort of solution (The IRC has no answers)

Haider Mirza via Emacs on a GNU/Linux system

* Re: Blender has no denoiser
@ 2022-04-16 18:30 ` Ekaitz Zarraga
From: Ekaitz Zarraga @ 2022-04-16 18:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Haider Mirza; +Cc: help-guix

Hi,

> The Guix installation of Blender has no denoiser.
> Blender's compositor says that Blender is compiled without
> "OpenImageDenoise"
>
> Last time I checked OIDN (OpenImageDenoise) is free software and
> all it's dependancies are also.
> I tried to packaged OIDN but it just ended up being a massive pain
> and It's depenadancy (ispc) just refused to compile.
> Can you suggest some sort of solution (The IRC has no answers)
> --
> Haider Mirza via Emacs on a GNU/Linux system

I had a similar issue in the past with blender, it was missing a dependency and I had to package it myself. It is what it is. Sometimes you need to package this kind of software, it's full of compilation errors and so on. The only thing we can do is to help you package it.
Can you share the package you developed?

* Re: Blender has no denoiser
@ 2022-04-16 21:04   ` raingloom
From: raingloom @ 2022-04-16 21:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ekaitz Zarraga; +Cc: 54973, help-guix

On Sat, 16 Apr 2022 18:30:19 +0000
Ekaitz Zarraga <ekaitz@elenq.tech> wrote:

> Hi,

It was already sent in the CC'd issue. I think it's best to continue
the discussion there, instead of forking it onto two lists.

* Re: Blender has no denoiser
@ 2022-04-16 21:20   ` Haider Mirza
From: Haider Mirza @ 2022-04-16 21:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ekaitz Zarraga; +Cc: help-guix

I ended up sending out a bug-report and giving my (almost working)
packaged version of the dependancy to the epic people there.
Thank you for replying though.

Best of luck,
Haider