unofficial mirror of help-guix@gnu.org
* How to appease GDM so I can login with another window manager?
@ 2023-03-10  5:47 Kyle Andrews
From: Kyle Andrews @ 2023-03-10  5:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix

Dear Guix,

I am using herbstluftwm as my window manager on my old Guix laptop. It
shows up as an option in a bottom right corner of GDM. On my new laptop,
this menu doesn't show up. In both cases I have included herbstluftwm as
a required package in my config.scm file. My old laptop's config.scm
makes no mention of herbstluftwm in the configuration anywhere else than
in bringing in the package. However, I further know that this package
does create an xsession output to a herbstluftwm.desktop file under
/gnu/store.

Does anyone have any ideas what the missing incantation is to make
herbstluftwm (or any other relatively niche window manager with a
.desktop file) show up on the GDM menu?

Thanks,
Kyle

only message in thread, other threads:[~2023-03-10  5:59 UTC | newest]